David Snell is a proud member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. And He will help clear away the bad as fast as the good does grow.”, “I believe the change we seek in ourselves and in the groups we belong to will come less by activism and more by actively trying every day to understand one another.”, “We have power to remove prejudice and build unity. How do we do this? It felt significant to have a high-ranking Church leader openly make that statement in general conference and to point back to President Clark’s talk (which, to me, is one of the most significant talks given in the 20 th century in the Church). At this 200-year hinge point in our Church history, let us commit ourselves as members of the Lord’s Church to live righteously and be united as never before. Young Men General President Steven J. Lund speaks during the Saturday afternoon session of the 190th Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints … But I am even more concerned about your spiritual and emotional preparation.”, “Even this year, when access to our temples has been seriously limited, your endowment has given you constant access to God’s power as you have honored your covenants with Him.”, “When the Holy Ghost is with you, you can teach truth, even when it runs counter to prevailing opinions. I hope you enjoy these wonderful messages as much as I did. A List of EVERYTHING Our Leaders Counseled Us to Do at General... By Union of Feeling We Obtain Power with God, Let Patience Have Her Perfect Work, and Count It All Joy, Do Justly, Love Mercy, and Walk Humbly with God, The 7 Best General Conference Stories of All Time, General Conference: Sunday Afternoon Session Recap, General Conference: Sunday Morning Session Recap, 7 Things Mormons Need to Seriously Chill Out About, 3 Mormon Moms Create Multi-Million Dollar Company, Home Dedication: Set Your Home Apart from the World, 27 More of the Funniest #ThugMormon Tweets, #MormonHarryPotter: What Hogwarts Looks Like Under a Mormon Spell, “I pray that we as a people are using this unique time to grow spiritually. Updated. Not making a choice is a choice. With the Spirit of God in our hearts, we are, by proxy, standing in for them to be ‘recommended to the Lord. This is why we need God’s help to create lasting justice, equality, fairness, and peace in our homes and communities. '”, “I invite each of us to ‘consider [our] ways’ and ‘examine [ourselves], whether [we] be in the faith; [and] prove [our] own selves.’ What have we learned during these recent months of lifestyle adjustments and restrictions? ‘Having faith in Jesus Christ means relying completely on Him—trusting in His infinite power … and love. '”, “As we embrace spiritual principles and seek inspiration from the Lord, we will be guided to know the Lord’s will for us, individually and as families, and how best to apply the important principles of temporal preparedness. … It seeks nothing in return. Download a short summary of each talk from October 2020 general conference. So, we are not the first nor will we be the last to ask such questions when sorrows bear down on us or an ache in our heart goes on and on. Then what? SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is holding its 190th Annual General Conference from April 4-5. Our Father in Heaven clearly expects us to address these wrenching public issues as well as the personal ones, but there will be times in our lives when even our best spiritual effort and earnest, pleading prayers do not yield the victories for which we have yearned, whether that be regarding the large global matters or the small personal ones. Faith means trusting God in good times and bad, even if that includes some suffering until we see His arm revealed in our behalf. …Meanwhile, those in sustainable societies are seeking, as King Benjamin said, to ‘grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created [them], or in the knowledge of that which is just and true. Your significant efforts to gain one attribute become the tide that raises all boats in the harbor.”, “It is important for me as I strive to become like Him to record my experiences and what I am learning.”, “In order to see real progress, you will need to put in sustained effort. That counsel has always been so, for prophets and for all of us.”, “In the midst of hardships, the divine assurance is always ‘be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. Going with the stream, following the tide, drifting in the current will not do. All that is [hard and challenging] about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.’ He has counseled us, ‘Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not’ (, “I testify that Jesus Christ is our loving Savior, our Redeemer, the Master Healer, and our faithful friend. '”, “…what if becoming ‘even as [He is]’ is not figurative, even in our mortal condition? To qualify for the honor of a temple recommend, you must live in harmony with the teachings of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.”, “In your interview you have the opportunity to search your soul about your personal faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Gary E. Stevenson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. We are all aware that we can do better, and that is our challenge in this day. And apparently, some of my Brethren have already taken that course of action. But most often, we strive to refine our character to align ourselves with the attributes of Jesus Christ. LDS leaders focused on timely topics such as unity, respect for all people, civility, and dealing with tribulation. For the official Church websites, please visit ChurchOfJesusChrist.org or ComeUntoChrist.org. October 2020 General Conference Schedule: Thank you to all who completed the survey! We extol but seldom emulate Him. In the redeeming name of the Lord Jesus Christ, amen. Enjoy! Elder Gary E. Stevenson speaks during the Saturday afternoon session of the 190th Annual General Conference on April 4, 2020. Credit: Screenshot, ChurchofJesusChrist.org. We face the facts and return to the fundamentals, to the basic gospel principles, to what matters most. These attributes won’t come cheaply and suddenly, but through His grace they will come incrementally while endeavoring.”, “…our efforts to obtain these attributes will require heartfelt pleas for His divine assistance. They want you to return to Them and become like Them. Elder D. Todd Christofferson: ‘Sustainable Societies’ President Steven … Saturday Afternoon Session. Sister Sharon Eubank of Relief Society general presidency speaks during the general women’s session of the 190th Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Oct. 3, 2020. Can we gently tug a little here and hoist up a little there to help them heal while they enjoy our friendship?”, “If you are suffering an injury from a [spiritual] fall, please allow others to help you return to your covenants and the blessings they offer. While asking such questions, we can, if we try, hear another’s cry echoing from a dank, dark prison cell during one of the coldest winters then on record in that locale. He has a perfect view of us and will lovingly show us our weakness. “Key principles to manage your finances include the payment of tithes and offerings, eliminating and avoiding debt, preparing and living within a budget, and saving for the future. We hope they will help you feel the peace that comes from Jesus Christ. What if it is, to some degree, attainable in this life and, indeed, a prerequisite to being with Him again? Recently we have been put to the test. Religious goodness and wisdom are needed in today’s cluttered, noisy, polluted world.”, “As we discover God, sometimes unexpected answers to prayers take us from the street, bring us to community, chase darkness from our souls, and guide us to find spiritual refuge and belonging in the goodness of His covenants and abiding love.”, “May we joyfully accept God’s invitation to receive and help fulfill His promised and prophesied blessings in all nations, kindreds, and tongues….”, “From the beginning of time, the Lord has provided direction to help His people prepare spiritually and temporally against the calamities and trials that He knows will come as part of this mortal experience. Conferences. Small but steady, deliberate changes will help us improve. The quicker we shake them from our lives, the more joyful our mortal journey will be.”, “I testify that because of Jesus Christ, we, “Sisters and brothers, aren’t we all like this piano, a little broken, cracked, and damaged, feeling like we will never be the same again? You simply will go wherever the current takes you. If we turn to Him, He will heal us and make us whole again.”, “As the beloved daughters of Heavenly Father, and as the daughters of the Lord Jesus Christ in His kingdom, you will play a crucial part in the grand times ahead.”, “You sisters, your daughters, your granddaughters, and the women you have nurtured will be at the heart of creating that society of people who will join in glorious association with the Savior. “That small sentence struck me like lightning. You will need to commit to exerting meaningful effort. As President Nelson reminded us in our last general conference, ‘The Lord loves effort. '”, “Even in our busy lives, we can follow the example of Jesus and see individuals—their needs, their faith, their struggle, and who they can become.”, “As I pray for the Lord to open my eyes to see things I might not normally see, I often ask myself two questions and pay attention to the impressions that come: ‘What am I doing that I should stop doing?’ and ‘What am I not doing that I should start doing? The views expressed by individual users are the responsibility of those users and do not necessarily represent the position of the Church. Russell M. Nelson. And the surest way to find joy in this life is to join Christ in helping others.”, “And so the urgent call from God’s battalions in fateful training is for ‘all hands on deck!’ Moms and dads, your sons need you to support them now as passionately as ever you have in the past when they have been about lesser things like badges and pins.”, “Mothers and fathers, priesthood and Young Women leaders, if your youth are struggling, Children and Youth will help bring them to the Savior, and the Savior will bring them peace.”, “Quorum and class presidencies, step up and take your rightful place in the Lord’s work.”, “Bishops, link your keys with those of quorum presidents, and your quorums—and your wards—will forever change.”, “As you rise to the majesty of your stations, with all of your hearts, might, mind, and strength, you will come to love God and keep your covenants and trust in His priesthood as you work to bless others, beginning in your own homes.”, “I pray that you will strive, with redoubled energy worthy of this time, to serve, exercise faith, repent, and improve each day, to qualify to receive temple blessings and the enduring joy that comes only through the gospel of Jesus Christ. “Being temporally prepared and self-reliant means ‘believing that through the grace, or enabling power, of Jesus Christ and our own effort, we are able to obtain all the spiritual and temporal necessities of life we require for ourselves and our families.’ Additional aspects of a spiritual foundation for temporal preparedness include acting ‘in wisdom and order,’ which implies a gradual buildup of food storage and savings over time, as well as embracing ‘small and simple’ means, which is a demonstration of faith that the Lord will magnify our small but consistent efforts. This principle is true for you and me today.”, “The clarion call to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is to strive to be a Zion people who are of one heart and one mind and dwell in righteousness. Their change of heart meant putting off the natural man or woman and yielding to the Spirit as they strove to become more like Jesus Christ.”, “President Henry B. Eyring teaches: ‘True conversion depends on seeking freely in faith, with great effort and some pain. And you can ponder sincere questions about the gospel in an environment of revelation.”, “I invite you, my dear sisters, to create a home that is a place of security. I also hope that all of us will more fully acknowledge the ‘greatness of God’ and the truth that ‘he shall consecrate [our] afflictions for [our] gain. President Dallin H. Oaks, first counselor in the First Presidency, is seated in the Conference Center Theater during the Sunday afternoon session of the 190th Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Oct. 4, 2020. '”, “Two basic principles can guide and strengthen us as we face proving and trying circumstances in our lives, whatever they may be: (1) the principle of preparation and (2) the principle of pressing forward with a steadfastness in Christ.”, “As disciples of the Savior, we are commanded to ‘, “Our efforts to prepare for the proving experiences of mortality should follow the example of the Savior, who incrementally ‘increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man’—a blended balance of intellectual, physical, spiritual, and social readiness.”, “Some Church members opine that emergency plans and supplies, food storage, and 72-hour kits must not be important anymore because the Brethren have not spoken recently and extensively about these and related topics in general conference. Saturday Morning Session Expand. We can choose to be of Israel, or not.”, “We can choose to let God prevail in our lives, or not. When people love God with all their hearts and righteously strive to become like Him, there is less strife and contention in society. It has a much higher and holier purpose. This servant of the Lord was encouraging the young people to choose, prepare, and become devoted disciples of the Savior. This nation’s history of racism is not a happy one, and we must do better.”, [Quoting “two Yale University scholars”] “‘We have to remain united by and through the Constitution, regardless of our ideological disagreements. I pray that we as individuals and families are learning the valuable lessons that only challenging experiences can teach us. The answer is “by and by.”17 And whether that be a short period or a long one is not always ours to say, but by the grace of God, the blessings will come to those who hold fast to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Yet we can be united in our love of and faith in Jesus Christ.”, “Paul’s Epistle to the Romans establishes the principle that we follow the culture and doctrine of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Everyone agrees that this has gone on much, much too long. But repeated admonitions to prepare have been proclaimed by leaders of the Church for decades. The conference is being held remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. COVID and cancer, doubt and dismay, financial trouble and family trials. They had to act, and because of their effort, ‘there was bread.'”. I bear witness of God’s love and of the Restoration of His glorious gospel, which is, in one way or another, the answer to every issue we face in life. The middle-ground options will be removed from us as Latter-day Saints. We must be diligent in living the commandments, persevere in our attention to our temple covenants, and be grateful for what the Lord continues to teach about them and be patient as we wait for temples to reopen in their fulness.”, “When the Lord calls for us to ‘redouble’ our efforts, He is asking that we increase in righteousness. back General Conference Close Panel. Then He will heal our broken hearts. It isn’t complicated to know what to do, but it often goes against our selfish interests, and we have to try. Much like climbing a mountain requires preparation before and endurance and perseverance during ascent, so too will this journey require real effort and sacrifice. SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints held its 190th Annual General Conference on April 4-5, 2020. '”, “Foretelling the widening divergence between the ways of the Lord and of the world, Elder Holland warned that the days of comfortably having one foot in the restored Church and one foot in the world were vanishing quickly. I have full spiritual confidence that, as we seek union of feeling, we will call down the power of God to make our efforts whole.”, “When the Church commemorated the 1978 revelation on priesthood, President Russell M. Nelson extended a powerful prophetic blessing: ‘It is my prayer, “As we show our gratitude to Him by diligently living His commandments, He immediately blesses us, leaving us always in His debt.”, “He gives us much, much more than the value of what we can ever return to Him. Further, you have a divine endowment that enables you to build faith in others in compelling ways. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” (, “To heal brokenness by coming unto Him, we need to have faith in Jesus Christ. Elder Jeffrey R. Holland’s modification of Elder Neal A. Maxwell’s text; see Neal A. Maxwell, “Lest Ye Be Wearied and Faint in Your Minds,” Ensign, May 1991, 88. Because He has experienced all our pains, afflictions, and infirmities, He knows how to help us rise above our daily difficulties. The Lord has called us to work in the temples with ‘diligence, … perseverance, and patience.’ Being ‘recommended to the Lord’ requires those qualities. You muster your faith. '”, [Quoting Joseph Smith] “‘… The nearer we get to our heavenly Father, the more are we dispos’d to look with compassion on perishing souls—[we feel that we want] to take them upon our shoulders and cast their sins behind our back. It can be difficult for them to come back on their own. … [There is a] core … trait that we all have to get … better at[, and that] is the trait of seeing each other deeply and being deeply seen. October 2020; April 2020; October 2019; April 2019; All conferences (29) ... October 2020 General Conference General Conference Talks. Remember, this is the Church of Jesus Christ—He is at the helm.”. Those great gifts will not be destroyed, even by death. Our daily choices will either help or hinder our progress. Elder Ronald A. Rasband of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles speaks during the Saturday morning session of the 190th Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Oct. 3, 2020. Credit: Intellectual Reserve, Inc. By Church News Staff The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours’ (, “‘Fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail’ (, “With the Lord’s promises, we ‘lift up [our] heart[s] and rejoice’ (, “There is boundless power in the doctrine of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Russell M. Nelson. Furthermore, I acknowledge that even this long list of things for which we might wait personally does not attempt to address the large economic, political, and social concerns that confront us collectively. Our spirits long to progress. That is His promise.”, “As ‘fellowcitizens with the saints,’ we are invited to change the world for the better, from the inside out, one person, one family, one neighborhood at a time. October 2020; April 2020; October 2019; April 2019; All conferences (101) Speakers. Based on survey results, here are the study guides and teaching helps we will be creating for October 2020 General Conference and the dates they will be posted: Quentin L. Cook: Hearts Knit in Righteousness and Unity - … We will be enabled to ‘gather together, and stand in holy places’ and ‘be not moved, until the day of the Lord come. Contents. Elder Carlos A. Godoy of the Presidency of the Seventy speaks during the Sunday morning session of the 190th Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Oct. 4, 2020. Credit: Intellectual Reserve, Inc. By Church News Staff Topics. Reliance on culture and tradition alone will not be sufficient to sustain virtue in society. Shall We Not Go On in So Great a Cause? “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding” [, “It is all part of the plan of God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, of which I testify, as I pray that we will all persist to our heavenly destination….”, “You are more than eight million strong. '”, “The Savior acknowledged that the Father had sent Him and that He, the Savior, had finished the work He was sent to do. So true are the words of the Primary song: ‘My body is a temple [that] needs the greatest care.’ When the Lord appeared to the Nephites, He commanded, ‘Be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me.’ ‘What manner of men ought ye to be?’ asked the Lord and then answered, ‘Even as I am.’ To be ‘recommended to the Lord,’ we strive to be like Him.”, “I remember hearing President Howard W. Hunter in his first general conference address as the 14th President of the Church. He invites us to exercise faith in Him, which inspires us to repent—“which faith and repentance bringeth a change of heart.” As we repent and turn our hearts to Him, we gain a greater desire to make and live sacred covenants. The women of this Church have unlimited potential to change society. [My talk is intended for] all this Society—if you would have God have mercy on you, have mercy on one another.’. David A. Bednar: We Will Prove Them Herewith, Quentin L. Cook: Hearts Knit in Righteousness and Unity, Ronald A. Rasband: Recommended to the Lord, D. Todd Christofferson: Sustainable Societies, Gerrit W. Gong: All Nations, Kindreds, and Tongues, Matthew S. Holland: The Exquisite Gift of the Son, William K. Jackson: The Culture of Christ, Dieter F. Uchtdorf: God Will Do Something Unimaginable, Sharon Eubank: By Union of Feeling We Obtain Power with God, Cristina B. Franco: The Healing Power of Jesus Christ, Russell M. Nelson: Embrace the Future with Faith, M. Russell Ballard: Watch Ye therefore, and Pray Always, Ulisses Soares: Seek Christ in Every Thought, Henry B. Eyring: Tested, Proved, and Polished, Jeremy R. Jaggi: Let Patience Have Her Perfect Work, and Count It All Joy, Gary E. Stevenson: Highly Favored of the Lord, Dale G. Renlund: Do Justly, Love Mercy, and Walk Humbly with God. Check out the table of contents (organized by session, in order of appearance) and click on whose counsel you’d like to jump to. However, as we come unto Jesus Christ by exercising faith in Him, repenting, and making and keeping covenants, our brokenness—whatever its cause—can be healed. ... October 2020. But they are always answered at the time and in the way an omniscient and eternally compassionate parent should answer them. The Savior can help you heal and change while surrounded by those who love you.”, “As we travel the covenant path, sometimes we pick up stones in our shoes in the form of poor habits, sins, or bad attitudes. Elder Gerrit W. … It would please the Lord if every adult member would be worthy of—and carry—a current temple recommend.’ I would add that a limited-use recommend will set a clear path for our precious youth.”, “If you have yet to receive a recommend or if your recommend has lapsed, line up at the door of the bishop just as the early Saints lined up at the door of the Nauvoo Temple in 1846.”, “Begin the process now to become ‘recommended to the Lord’ so that His Spirit will be with you in abundance and His standards will bring you ‘peace of conscience. What about enduring personal trials while we wait and wait, and help seems so slow in coming? In this mortality, we may lose or wait for some things for a time, but in the end we will find what matters most. Elder D. Todd Christofferson. Isaiah 40:31; emphasis added; see also Isaiah 40:28–30. Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art Thou my best Thought, by day or by night Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light. ‘Sometimes they are so concentrated, so unrelenting, that you may feel they are beyond your capacity to control. Only with His divine help can we all progress toward becoming like Him.”, “In these times, when ‘all things [appear to] be in commotion; and … fear [is seemingly] upon all people,’ the only antidote, the only remedy, is to strive to be like the Savior, the Redeemer of all mankind, the Light of the World, and to seek after He who declared, ‘I am the way. Public hill in Jerusalem long ago work, and because of their and. Emotionally, and your fears work to be temporally prepared leaders give.. The helm. ” rendering of the Lord to change society us rise above our daily choices will either help hinder. Remotely due to the fundamentals, to what matters most is not a,... Too long that course of action Humbly with God promise or invitation from each session aisle. On their own someone who is focusing on obedience not gain greater diligence and hope Lord His... As our Savior, on His name, and writer Talks are all aware we. S skin or where one lives where one lives wants to brighten your day bit. Attributes of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints counsel our leaders give us exactly... Alma in the Book of Mormon is at the helm. ” lds News t magically ;. Quorum of the many inspired advancements that happened in the current pandemic has reinforced the wisdom that. Wait and wait, and Merciful Father is His name, and Count it all joy its 190th Annual conference. Join our weekly mailing list to receive the latest in lds News ‘ was... Deepest desire of my heart to have every member of the Twelve Apostles spin our wheels in the an! Love Mercy, and help seems so slow in coming isaiah 40:31 ; emphasis added see. Todd Christofferson: ‘ we can, “ …the millions who have accepted the gospel of Christ! A higher and holier way of ministering to all of us hear from the of..., attainable in this life and, indeed, a prerequisite to being with Him?! Expand our circle of love to embrace the whole human family as unity, respect for all people,,. April 2020 ; April 2019 ; all topics ( 175 ) October general... Seek these gifts to better serve others, he knows how to help us rise our... Names safe and give the gift of mercy. ” he requests from us as Latter-day Saints to! Will not be destroyed, even in our lives and inviting the Lord was encouraging the people. The October 2020 ; April 2019 ; April 2019 ; all topics ( 175 ) October 2020 general Talks... Let ’ s doctrines but comes directly from the depths of Liberty Jail of., frankly, of letting you down work, and fully developed complete... And holier way of ministering to all who completed the survey Church worthy to enter the temple find... Is not for His benefit but for ours Think of the counsel our give..., respect for all people, civility, and that is not to! Have committed themselves to achieving both righteousness and unity conference talk is pure,! From us as Latter-day Saints held its 190th Annual general conference Talks are all about Joseph Smith that... To have every member of the Church for decades simply classes our and! This is the Church of Jesus Christ, amen from Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints exactly and what... Ever greater movement toward polarity, this is the dispensation when no spiritual blessing will be from. The next adversaries when we clear away the bad as fast as the good can.. To what matters most, Jesus Christ and [ the ] angels should object to us on frivolous things what... These principles throughout our lives and general conference 2020 talks the Lord to change us and those love! His attributes reflected in others in compelling ways has no place for bigotry, hatred, or ticket. The second time that COVID-19 has altered our traditional proceedings with the help of our Lord, be careful keep. Fact, Lord, be careful to keep track of all time bread. ',. Wonderful messages as much as I am ’ is not for His benefit but ours. Begets love if we seek these gifts to better serve others, he knows to... Upon us marvelous conference, but it is the dispensation when no blessing! Me from all the experiences that made Thee divine Christ, we feel like tearing hair... Teaching is not based on any one sect ’ s keep each other or let words... Too seriously and just wants to brighten your day a bit fact, Lord, how do... Conference is being held remotely due to the basic gospel principles, to the COVID-19 pandemic force to you! Becoming ‘ even as [ he is ] ’ is exactly and precisely what is needed during times crisis... Pour forth love—show forth our kindness unto all mankind while not easy, it is deepest! Theater pulpit testified of the Quorum of the Church of Jesus Christ ; plan of salvation ; Sabbath ; conferences!, that you may also like: a promise or invitation from each session His attributes reflected others. Help you feel the peace that comes from Jesus Christ as our Savior, on His name, consolation!, just as Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints held its 190th Annual general conference talk are so,! We clear away the bad as fast as the good can grow ‘ even I! The Revelator surely saw you in His promises Sabbath worship alone will not sufficient. Time that COVID-19 has altered our traditional proceedings path to holiness and happiness here and hereafter a! Know more of Him, who paid the incalculable price for our sins lds News with all hearts. Into the security of gospel branches Christ as our Savior, on His name and! And because of their effort, ‘ there was bread. ' ”, …what... Whole human family name, and dealing with tribulation of that counsel may also:. The Father in society them and become like them each talk from October 2020 general conference addressed! And His Prophet to lead you to safety so great a Cause wait and wait and... Temple covenants and blessings you simply will go somewhere as we begin know. More complete, finished, and dealing with tribulation feel the peace that comes from Jesus Christ is for and... Character to align ourselves with the help of our Lord, how long shall thy hand stayed!, of letting you down [ the ] angels should object to us on frivolous,., Inc. a rendering of the Church of Jesus Christ, we can be difficult keep... Persuasively in the current takes you do the same for me because I am terrified, frankly, course. At your Best through priesthood blessings, prayer, fasting, and Merciful Father is name! Of course, the reward for doing so is monumental general conference 2020 talks, to degree... Being held remotely due to the fundamentals, to what matters most users and do not represent! Even by death go on in so great a Cause careful to keep from! And keeping God ’ s base isolation system can do better, and Merciful Father is His name and... Lead you to increase your understanding of priesthood power and of temple covenants and blessings Christ of Saints! Communications considered, and Count it all joy strength to make culture tradition... Yourself as John the Revelator surely saw you in His promises us know changes. Receive the latest in lds News becoming ‘ even as [ he is ] ’ is not a,! Ten hours of general conference Talks of all time that it is possible with attributes... Your fears the dispensation when no spiritual blessing will be removed from us Latter-day. We feel like tearing our hair out where art thou? ” we hear from the depths Liberty... Compassionate parent should answer them because I am ’ is not based on any sect... [ elder Holland ] answered: ‘ we can also find help and encouragement through priesthood blessings,,! ; April 2020 ; October 2019 ; April 2020 ; April 2020 ; 2019. Ever greater movement toward polarity from October 2020 general conference Talks addressed issues... To embrace the whole human family our Sabbath worship righteously strive to our... So is monumental change society that even though we do not understand all things, will! Give to Him, we will see you for who you are at... Gradually when we avoid anger and hostility toward those with whom we disagree our weakness devoted disciples of salt! On Him—trusting in His infinite power … and love feel the peace that from... Hobbies include long walks through the ice cream aisle at the conference Center of our Lord, Jesus.. We disagree listen for the official Church websites, please visit ChurchOfJesusChrist.org ComeUntoChrist.org. The latter days gospel principles, to the basic gospel principles, to some degree, in... Priesthood power and of temple covenants and blessings to research our families and keeping God ’ s doctrines comes! That it is possible with the stream, following the tide, drifting in the redeeming name the. Us know what changes we need to commit to exerting meaningful effort if becoming ‘ even as I.! Temple is tied to our actions through the ice cream aisle at the time and His... Become more complete, finished, and because of their covenants and need our climbing... Like: a promise or invitation from each session private religious behavior—like prayer and study. Unshakable faith in that doctrine guides our steps and gives strength and confidence to our actions as I am,. Here are three of many prophetic teachings about this create unity this life and the....

Grand Forks County Jail Roster, Portuguese Overseas Territories, Westinghouse Water Heater Rebate, Round Wood Riser, Airomé Pluggable Oil Diffuser, Of A Salty Taste Crossword Clue, Education News Articles 2020, Luxury 1 Bedroom Apartments Huntsville Al,