Some of the highlights of our program include: If you possess a pioneering spirit and want to be a leader in the field of Emergency Medicine, then we may be the program for you. While the holidays are usually stressful, they seem especially so this year. Concern for resident life has resulted in dedicated resources for work-life balance, ongoing educational programs for your development, and physician wellness. Leadership Role: Director, Global Emergency Medicine; Co-Director, Social and Global Emergency Medicine Track. Spreadsheets will likely be created, layered with rows and columns of data that you collect on your travels – number of ICU months, number of shifts, lengths of shifts, etc. You will take our name and lead patient care efforts both in and out of the hospital. Med School: Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine Extracurricular Interests: Music and playing guitar, Chicago and Wisconsin Badgers sports teams, crime thriller TV … Jan 3, 2021. southerndoc. Much like other programs in EM, you will be in a cadre of physicians always available to patients, always a resource to colleagues, and always ready for whatever our community encounters in emergent challenges. Sports Medicine; 2. Loyola Emergency Medicine Residency Program . Welcome to the website for the Emergency medicine Residency Program at Loyola University Medical Center! Interests: Social Emergency Medicine, Fem in EM Happy New Year. Abra Fant, MD, MS Residency Program Director Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine Director of Patient Safety and Quality Improvement McGaw Medical … Opportunities within the department for fellowship development through our experiences in EMS, Toxicology, Sports Medicine, Ultrasound, and Medical Education enable you to have options for the future. Emergency Medicine Residency Program Maywood, Illinois Name: Julie Magallon. I enjoy thinking about systems-level issues, so I like engaging with quality improvement and administration. Whether you’re just starting your medical career or have a wealth of experience in providing care, MacNeal Hospital has the medical education and faculty development resources and training to support your personal growth and advance your career. There's no picture of a TV screen on the wall to post this time, but she did an awesome job! I enjoy rock climbing, hiking, playing tennis, casual Thank you for your interest in our program and our department. Email or phone. Hang in there, and STAY SAFE (and keep everyone around you safe too). And congratulations to Dr Kathleen Neacy for winning the Outstanding Clinical Faculty award and to Dr Kristen Donaldson for winning the Outstanding Teaching Faculty award for the 2019-2020 academic year! TV.com. I'm not sure whether to call "free food" a hobby or an art-- either way, I spent much of medical school honing my scavenging skills. Emergency Medicine Residency Program As a resident with the Department of Emergency Medicine, you will gain a diverse educational experience, leading to board certification. Loyola to Offer Residency Program in Emergency Medicine 5-Oct-2018 11:05 AM EDT, by Loyola Medicine contact patient services, by Loyola Our didactics build on the experience that our leadership brings from so many different departments and residencies. We also have 2 dogs who like going on walks. Replies 139 Views 9K. 12/8: Today's Grand Rounds featured Dr Jose Biller who gave a timely and informative presentation on the Neurological Complications of COVID. Learn More About Loyola Medicine Care During COVID-19. Pages about our faculty, alumni, and the bios for our residents have moved to the "Who We Are" tab. Julius Patrick Aguas Hometown: Streamwood, Illinois Undergraduate: Loyola University of Chicago Medical School: University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine Emergency Medicine Interests: Administration, critical care, ultrasound Hobbies: Chicago sports … Our hope is that you take it after residency and continue to push the field of Emergency Medicine forward. All rights reserved. , a high-volume and high-acuity emergency department that perfectly complements the experience at LUMC. We're looking forward to seeing what the next year brings (hope is triumphing over experience in our corner, we'll see how this approach goes). I grew up with the mountains! Simulation (which we do twice per month in Stritch’s phenomenal Simulation Center), novel & interactive didactics, Team-Based & Small-Group learning – the days of multiple hours of powerpoint-driven 1-hour lectures are far behind us. Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine. Otherwise, I love brewery hopping and am up for any adventure with friends and famliy! Consider your own. I love a good novel, but all my leisurely MS4 reading came to an abrupt end when residency started. Loyola Univ. Hobbies: Various outdoor sports (Basketball, Ultimate Frisbee), various indoor sports (Edible chemistry, Crocheting aggressively), appreciating functional public transportation, urban hiking, excessive napping. Interview season is now underway! Welcome to the Section of Emergency Medicine website. Learn More About Loyola Medicine Care During COVID-19. My dream job is to be program director of the first EM residency in Afghanistan, but a lot of things would need to fall into place for that to become a reality. A review of their bios will show you how involved they are in the education of our LUMC residents & Stritch medical students, as well as our faculty colleagues, and how many awards they have won for their efforts. Dr. Graziano works in Maywood, IL and 1 other location and specializes in Emergency Medicine. It has been built from the ground-up with one goal: to utilize the latest educational methodology to enable you to immerse yourself in Emergency Medicine education for 3 years. I was adoped, so I don't know for sure, but I do know that I'm an OG souther gal! ), home improvement, trying (read: struggling) to grow grass in my yard, watching baseball and hockey, Hobbies: fetch (without the return part), playing keep away with moms socks, sleeping with all 4 paws in the air, getting "the zoomies" in the backyard, Interests: treats, whatever my humans are eating, squirrels (and unfortunately skunks), every single scent on our walks. As a tertiary referral center for trauma, stroke, burns, and pediatric ICU your education and clinical experiences have the added expertise of our faculty colleagues guiding you within your own institution. We are also fortunate to have a faculty group rich in academic interests and scholarly pursuits. We are based at Loyola University Medical Center (LUMC), just outside of the city of Chicago, in Maywood, IL. Despite not having an EM Residency until 2019, EM has been one of the most popular specialty choice for our Stritch students for several years now. The Class of 2023 have officially joined us on campus! 9/15: Shoutout to our PGY-2 Dr Shannon Sparrow who spoke at this years Chicago Windy City (combined) EM conference! Fun Fact: I am training to be the ring bearer at my parents wedding. You will be the physician that takes the name of our department and showcases its capabilities to the many services and units in our hospital. The changes caused by the pandemic will of course make this harder, but if you stay in touch with yourself during the times, I am confident this can still be answered during virtual discussions. Her topic was combatting opioid use disorder from the ED with buprenorphine. Other areas of ongoing development as a department include: Our faculty have dedicated their careers to the advancement of the specialty of Emergency Medicine through the education of our students and residents. Our resolution: to have a better 2021! Teaching each other, teaching our faculty, our nurses, and our medical students is a required part of this residency. 8/27: Congratulations to our Bailee Jacobsen who spoke at ICEP's Resident Career Day today! I love a good novel, but all my leisurely MS4 reading came to an abrupt end when residency started. The residency is directed towards producing future academicians in Emergency Medicine and, as such, places a heavy emphasis on academic pursuits. Primary Department Emergency Medicine Joint Department Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Bachelor of Science - Biochemistry, University of Denver, 2009 Doctor of Medicine (MD), Loyola Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, 2016 Emergency Medicine Residency, Maricopa Medical Center, 2019 Class of 2020 Timur Alptunaer, M.D. Interests: Medical Education, Simulation, Critical Care Medicine, Medical School: Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Undergrad & Major: Wake Forest University, B.S Biology. The Department of Emergency Medicine at Loyola University Chicago is the academic arm for the Emergency Department of Loyola University Medical Center. Whatever your choice, on behalf of myself and the faculty of our department, welcome to the exciting field of Emergency Medicine! Referrals increase your chances of interviewing at Loyola Medicine by 2x. Here's to putting 2020 behind us! We are based at Loyola University Medical Center (LUMC), just outside of the city of Chicago, in Maywood, IL. COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update: Learn More About Loyola Medicine Care During COVID-19. I think every applicant needs to take a long look at themselves and think about what they want to achieve with their career; How far do they want to go? It was a great presentation and will be a hard act to follow! ACGME Code: 1101600570. It's been a rough year, but hopefully better things are around the corner for everyone. Everything is now in place for our residents to begin their Community EM experience at MacNeal Hospital, a high-volume and high-acuity emergency department that perfectly complements the experience at LUMC. As with the Pediatric experience, the PGY1s will spend a 4-week rotation there to gain familiarity with the system. COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update: Learn More About Loyola Medicine Care During COVID-19. Presenting over Zoom may be a new modality for these conferences, but she definitely handled it like a champ while bringing poise and professionalism to the screen. If you're looking for our photos, they're not gone; they're just under the new section titled "Residency Life" along with some new material. That will also be where our eventual page for FAQ's from applicants for residents (most obtained either via email or during info sessions) will be hosted. Maguire Building 2160 South 1st Avenue Maywood, IL 60153 708-216-9000 Referrals increase your chances of interviewing at Loyola Medicine by 2x. ... University Of Illinois Chicago Emergency Medicine Residency, a Medical Group Practice located in Chicago, IL. The mission of the Department of Emergency Medicine at MMC is to provide the highest level of compassionate care to acutely sick or injured patients in our region and state, recruit and train the best physicians in our specialty, and produce high-quality clinical research to shape the future practice of Emergency Medicine. Sign in to save Registered Nurse- Emergency Room - Melrose Park at Loyola Medicine. Welcome to the website for the Resurrection Emergency Medicine residency program. Third-year Residents - Class of 2021 Second-year Residents - Class of 2022 Bachelor of Arts Psychology, Loyola University In New Orleans, 2008 Nursing Diploma, Our Lady of The Lake Thanks to everyone who played a part in this enormously important process. The 2020 EMRA Residency Program Fair is going virtual. In light of the pandemic and the current circumstances, we will be holding weekly zoom sessions so applicants can learn more about Lincoln. It is a large academic teaching hospital, complete with a great many residency & fellowship programs, and an academic affiliation with the Stritch School of Medicine. Newswise Blog. COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update: Learn More About Loyola Medicine Care During COVID-19. 11/10: Thanks to Dr Julie Fitzgerald from the Loyola Pediatric Department for delivering a great EM Grand Rounds on Pediatric TBI Management for us today! Hobbies: chasing squirrels, borking at squirrels, thinking about chasing + borking at squirrels, exploring all the parks in Chicago, beach days, hiking, watching Netflix with my mom, snoozing while my hoomans are at work to support my lifestyle, belly scratches, and trying to run away from home anytime the front door is accidentally left open for 0.0008 seconds too long, Interests: the art of a good nap, peanut butter, Fun Fact: I am very good at Doggy yoga (planning on getting my Doga instructor certification after this pandemic is over), Hobbies: going on walks, car rides, obsessed with fetcing the frisbee, Interests: barking at nothing, chasing squirrels/rabbits, Fun Fact: I was a street dog in my prior life and my humans took me off the street after I got hit by a car, Hobbies: going on walks, car rides, hanging outside in the shade, Interests: shedding my fur everywhere in the house, laying as close to my humans as physically possible, Fun Fact: I have been to Portugal and Spain. Who do they want to be surrounded by? We utilize the Interview Broker system for scheduling interviews. There's no picture of a TV screen on the wall to post this time, but she did an awesome job! Some of these will be useful to you as you formulate your match list; “What kind of EM program am I. looking for?”. ZDNet. Copyright © 2020 Loyola Medicine. Steve_Zissou; Dec 16, 2020; 2 3. Call 888-584-7888 to speak with a representative. The FAQ tab available on the sidebar will still contain the same general FAQs answered by our PD, Dr Snow (and updated for the 2020-2021 application season). Interests: Snuggles, boops, and all things food. David C. Snow, MD, MSc, FACEP, FAAEM   Program Director, As you embark on the recruitment journey of the next few months, you will have many questions along the way. Our members not only provide the care for patients in our ED, but are active in education and research. Well, maybe not a whole new look, but we've moved things around and added some new info. Dr. Graziano is affiliated with Loyola University Medical Center. My wife and I have 2 kids and we love to be outside in the backyard or at the park. The answers to these are inherently connected. We have built a training program that draws from decades of cumulative experience within our Residency Leadership. Number: (708) 327-2689. Honestly talk music, sports, or tequila to me and we'll be able to talk for hours. The third question, in my opinion, is the most important. It was definitely an interesting and educational day, but we still miss being able to say "hi" to our friends at the other residencies in the area. I enjoy thinking about systems-level issues, so I like engaging with quality improvement and administration. In existence for over thirty years, the Emergency Medicine program at the University of Chicago has a distinguished history, playing a leadership role in the development of pre hospital emergency care in the city of Chicago, serving as “medical control” for the Chicago South EMS System, initiating the city’s only hospital-based aeromedical transport system, serving as a level I trauma center for the care of injured children, and becoming one of Chicago’s “leader… There are so many questions that you need to consider answering before you accept an interview at a residency program. Leaders need to be highly trained, need to command the respect of those around them, and need to be able to teach those around them. Residency Coordinator salaries at Loyola Medicine can range from $50,987-$56,167. Hope everyone had a nice holiday season and a. Chicago Windy City (combined) EM conference! Follow me on Instagram! Copyright © 2020 Loyola Medicine. Welcome to the website for the Emergency medicine Residency Program at Loyola University Medical Center! 110-16-00-570 [copy] Julie Magallon; 2160 South First Ave - … We are immensely proud & excited to be welcoming these physicians into our residency program. Director's welcome. Loyola Emergency Medicine Residency Sdn . Key to our vision is the strength of our residents. As a resident, my favorite shifts are when I get to do a procedure I haven't done before or see a type of pathology I haven't seen before. Please join us in welcoming the Loyola EM Class of 2023! I have been the program director here since 2004 because I believe in this program and its ability to train elite emergency medicine physicians of the future. Interviews will start at the beginning of December and are scheduled through February. Choose a Specailty / Choose Another Program. Our EM Female Faculty Forum to address issues and concerns in regards to gender equality and parity. See all Residency Coordinator salaries to learn how this stacks up in the market. As is becoming customary, we put together a welcome video to mark this achievement. Referrals increase your chances of interviewing at Loyola Medicine by 2x. ), international travel, cooking, hiking, homebrewing kombucha, exploring new resturants and coffee shops, Interests: Social EM, Administration, Global Health, Medical School: Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University, Undergrad & Major: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign: Molecular & Cellular Biology. Loyola University Medical Center is a quaternary care hospital. Class of 2021 Jordan Selzer, M.D. Mark E. Cichon, D.O., FACEP/FACOEP (dist)Chairman, Department of Emergency Medicine, This question was asked of me by my staff, administration, and by the site inspector from the ACGME. Hobbies:  I have kids (currently a three-year-old and a five-year-old), so my biggest hobbies these days might be playing with Legos and pretending to be a superhero. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter for updates, information on the program, team spotlights, and much more! 1/2/2021: Hope everyone had a nice holiday season and a Happy New Year! Interests: My dream job is to be program director of the first EM residency in Afghanistan, but a lot of things would need to fall into place for that to become a reality. Wherever my career takes me, I aim to be a clinician who is good with an ultrasound. high-fidelity, multi-room Simulation Center, https://www.emra.org/be-involved/awards/45under45/2019/seth-trueger-45/, https://www.emra.org/be-involved/awards/45under45/2019/alicia-kurtz-45/, Mark E. Cichon, D.O., FACEP/FACOEP (dist), Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Exposure to incredible pathology & diversity in our patient population here at LUMC, a Level One Trauma Center & Quaternary Care Center, Extensive Trauma experience, with a curriculum built through all 3 years of residency to give you the skills to run complex Trauma resuscitations, Experience in LUMC’s Burn ICU, one of the largest in the region, An extremely well established EMS relationship, with our Chair acting as the Medical Director for Region 8, which is one of the largest EMS regions in Illinois, Integrated shifts at one of our Immediate Medical Centers (Urgent-Care), allowing exposure to the lower acuity patients that are increasingly harder to access for EM residents, A true leadership role in the mentorship and education of the students from our Stritch School of Medicine, with both on-shift and teaching sessions built into the curriculum, Integrated Pediatric Shifts both in the role of Junior and Senior resident, Specialty Tracks in Emergency Medicine (STEMEs) designed to expose you to specific areas in Emergency Medicine, helping you to gain exposure to these areas as you consider the next steps in your career (Read more about these on our, Weekly conference designed to move away from multiple 1-hour lectures, and instead focusing on Simulation, small groups, team-based learning, and quick-hit didactics, A full 4-week Orientation Rotation to start your residency, with team-building exercises, skills lab, simulation, meet & greets, and a 2-day Retreat with Program Leadership, Funded National Conference attendance as both a PGY2 & PGY3, A Chairman who is truly invested in the health and well-being of his residents, A supportive family environment to help achieve everything you hope from your residency training, A strong emphasis on teamwork in the ED, with clinical shifts built on a 1:1 model (1 resident to 1 attending) for the PGY1s, with the PGY 2.5 & PGY3s taking ownership of their teams, Pods, and any junior learners in these Pods, Attending physicians with widely diverse backgrounds, including fellowship training in Emergency Ultrasound, Toxicology, Sports Medicine, and multiple leadership roles in both LUMC and the College of Medicine, 24-hour per day Social Work support in our Emergency Department, Dr. Travis Wassermann has been selected as the Chair-Elect for the EMRA International Committee, Dr. Bailee Jacobsen is now a member of the ICEP Social Emergency Medicine Committee, Dr. Bailee Jacobsen: Global & Community Health, Dr. Shannon Sparrow: Global & Community Health, Dr. Andrea Yun: Global & Community Health.

Canvas Sizes On Wall, A Plus French, Fried Pork Chunks Calories, Mahakali Caves Road Andheri East Pin Code, Attar Of Nishapur Quotes, Illinois Boat Bill Of Sale, Shadow Bonnie Song 1 Hour, Vessel Kitchen Nutrition Information, Algenist Genius Liquid Collagen Australia,