Psa 118:25 O Lord: O Lord Isa 21:12 enquire, enquire Num 5:22 Amen, amen John 10:1 Verily, Verily People don't care what you know until they know that you care. This just struck me as very odd, and mysterious, seeing that when it is used, the previous statements haven't had much to do with listening or hearing. 1 Pet 5:5-6 humble, humble Micah 2:6 prophesy (3x in hebrew) 2 Chro 28:13 “and to our trespass:” “for our trespass” (in hebrew) “Difficult Words and Phrases,” The Bible Translator 3:3 (1952): 135. Deu 16:19 gift Hebrew Isa 52:11 Depart ye, Depart ye Pro 6:15 suddenly; suddenly • Identify relationships between paragraphs. Ex 3:4 Moses, Moses Acts 9:4 Saul, Saul The word translated as “vanity” in the KJV, and “meaningless” in the NIV appears often, and is used to emphasize the temporary nature of worldly things. Psa 41:13 amen (Hebrew) One of the most famous verses in the Bible is no longer one of the most cited. Between 2010 and 2012 it was one of most cited portions of the Bible. When we submit our fear, God has room to provide us the courage only He can give. The repeated phrase One of the many smart things Rick Warren has said is that people don't remember paragraphs; they remember slogans. Isa 19:2 Egyptian, city, kingdon (hebrew) Micah 2:12 “I will surely” assemble (in hebrew) According to some dictionaries, a phrase can be defined as a group of words which are often used together but not containing a finite verb and have a particular meaning. Barrick cites three possible examples: Isaiah 6:3 "And one called to another and said: "Holy, holy, holy is the L ORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory! Eze 10:11 they went they went One of the most famous verses in the Bible is no longer one of the most cited. God helps Christians in many ways and with those who aren’t Christians, He works to make Himself known through both… Eze 47:3 the waters, the waters My father agreed to meet with ‘Johnny’ once a week. Number of verses that appear more than once: 235 (i.e. But this is. Gen 11:10 Shem: Shem Exodus 30:11 7. There is also a word for this … ploce. Pro 16:26 “that laboureth” laboureth It occurs in 279 verses. 1 Sam 10:8 sacrifice sacrifices I was looking for the answer around this passage, but then I remember other stories in the Bible where the same thing was repeated until three times. Exodus 31:1 9. Deu 2:20 giants, giants Ex 3:14 and he said, Thus shalt thou say (Hebrew) 2 Kings 2:23 Go up, thou bald head, Go up, thou bald head Jer 43:11 captivity (hebrew) Job 19:21 Have pity on me, Have pity on me 11:15; 2 Tim. Dan 4:34 generation (Hebrew) The LORD is deliberately using all kinds of pain to get the attention of Israel so they might return to Him: starvation, dehydration, frustrated work, disease, defeat in battle, death, and even fire from heaven! Rev 18:2 is fallen, is fallen Lev 6:9 the burnt offering Psa 115:16 heaven (Hebrew) Num 5:24 water that causeth the curse (Hebrew) 1 Pet 2:23 Reviled, Reviled Acts 25:12 Unto Caesar? Hag 1:6 earneth wages earneth wages Luke 10:41 Martha, Martha Isa 21:9 is fallen, is fallen The most repeated phrase in the Bible are the... | Inhabitude. Luke 13:34 Jerusalem, Jerusalem Psa 19:2 day (Hebrew) John 6:53 Verily, Verily Reply. “Difficult Words and Phrases,” The Bible Translator 3:3 (1952): 135. Psa 118:11 They compassed me about (Hebrew 2x) Spend some time thinking about what Christian living is all about and distill your thoughts into a handful of repeated phrases. The phrase “under the sun” occurs 28 times, and refers to the mortal world. Likewise, the Old Testament repeats large portions of entire books, including the books of Kings and Chronicles. Isa 9:21 Ephraim (Hebrew) This is the banner hanging over everything else God shows us about himself. That means when we read the Bible we have to pay special attention to repeated words and phrases. Eze 23:20 flesh/issue (Hebrew) Jonah 1:6 “upon thy God”, “if so be that God” (hebrew) Have you noticed that the Bible often repeats itself? The important thing to remember is that large portions of Scripture aren't repeated by accident. 18:1). Isa 1:24 the Lord, the LORD We don’t just do it one time. Nahum 2:8 stand, stand John 19:6 crucify him crucify him Jer 43:11 death (hebrew) Matthew 6:7 - But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Just a note, I originally started noticing just english words, but then I heard or read about Hebrew repeated words. It is almost always used/said by Jesus. Repetitions. 1 Sam 26:17 David 1 Chro 16:10-11 Seek the Lord Zep 1:14 is near, it is near (note the italics) In other words: phileo in the imperative mood in the NT = 0; agapao in the imperative mood in the NT = 9; Therefore, agapao is probably more volitional. God wants us to learn to take our fears to Him. The book of the generations of Adam — That is, a list or catalogue of his posterity, not of all, but only of the holy seed, from whom, as concerning the flesh, Christ came; of the names, ages, and deaths of those that were the successors of the first Adam in preserving the promise, and the ancestors of the second, at whose coming the promise was accomplished. We refer to this as branding or advertising, but it's really just a concentrated form of repetition. 2 Cor 11:17 I speak, I speak Esther 1:1 Ahasuerus (hebrew) Favorite Answer. John 10:11 the good shepherd: the good shepherd It also may miss some repeated phrases that involve particles (conjuctions, articles, etc.) Common Bible Misquotes- 10 Things the Bible never says and why it messes with our concept of Christianity. Luke 6:46 Lord, Lord Ex 14:8 children of Israel 2x (Hebrew) 1 Chro 8:40 sons’ sons Ex 3:14 I AM THAT I AM (Hebrew) 1 Thess 5:7 sleep sleep Isa 26:3 “[him] in perfect” peace (in hebrew) shalom What is the most repeated phrase in the Bible? The repeated phrase over time. I have none of the well-deserved stature of Nida, but I’m afraid I cannot agree with him here. When you don't have varying fonts and punctuation at your disposal, repeated words become the way to give emphasis. Rev 14:8 is fallen, is fallen John 3:11 Verily, Verily Free CP Newsletters Join over 250,000 others to get the top stories curated daily, plus special offers! Psa 48:8 God: God 1 Chro 29:2 gold/silver (Hebrew) Judges 5:12 Awake, Awake Jer 8:11 Peace, Peace 6:10), – Paul pleaded through prayer THREE times (2 Cor. Make it a repeated phrase. Unfortunately many translations alter these repeated words into superlatives, so you don't see them as often as they appear in the original text: "Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kin… One of the primary ways biblical authors emphasized something was by repeating it. Eze 10:2 in in John 3:3 Verily, Verily That means when we read the Bible we have to pay special attention to repeated words and phrases. Inductive Bible study consists of three phases: Observation, Interpretation, and Application. Pro 20:14 it is naught, it is naught It ranks with the complete works of Shakespeare and the Oxford English Dictionary as one of the cornerstones of the recorded language. Matthew 6:7 - But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. elgen er pa frifot. The phrase, also picked up by Kenneth Copeland, won't instantaneously attract unexpected income. Therefore, looking for examples of repetition is a key tool for studying God's Word. Obadiah 1:15 as thou hast done, it shall be done (hebrew) Jer 48:33 shouting (3x) (Hebrew) Acts 22:7 Saul, Saul It is almost always used/said by Jesus. For example, the Ten Commandments are repeated in Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5 because of their critical importance to the Israelites and their understanding of God's law. Acts 26:14 Saul, Saul Judges 5:30 a prey of divers colours, a prey of divers colours Romans 8:17 heirs: heirs Lev 21:22 holy (Hebrew) Num 12:8 mouth (Hebrew) Eph 6:13-14 stand, stand Luke 23:21 Crucify him, Crucify him Josh 22:22 The Lord God of gods, the Lord God of gods Mark 15:34 Eloi, Eloi My God, My God In the final chapters of his Gospel, he points out two instances where Jesus repeats questions and phrases to his disciples. Isa 30:9 children, children Gen 22:11 Abraham, Abraham We don't just repeat the phrase in one lesson. Enter word(s) or phrase(s) Match whole words only. Lam 1:16 mine eye 1 decade ago. Isa 3:1 the Lord, the Lord Thank you for this post. Judges 6:22 face (Hebrew) During Observation we’re encouraged to read the biblical text numerous times asking the journalistic questions Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How. My father assured Johnny that there would be no charge for the English lessons and informed him that the text for their studies would be the gospel of Matthew. Eze 33:11 turn ye, turn ye Jer 15:2 sword (hebrew) 1 Chro 21:21 Ornan, Ornan Pro 18:3 cometh, “[then] cometh” John 11:22 God, God 2 Chro 8:2 Solomon, Solomon John 5:25 Verily, Verily John 6:26 Verily, Verily This exact phrase isn’t in the Bible but in the book of Ecclesiastes, the Bible talks about how there are seasons for everything, including the present-day troubles you are facing. God A Search All window will then open showing each English Bible and the number of times these phrases appear. The same phrase appears elsewhere in the New Testament (e.g., 2 Cor. But surprisingly, none of them are repeated with all that much frequency. Isa 21:11 watchman what of the night, watchman what of the night Exodus 25:1 6. Isa 52:1 Awake, Awake Malachi 3:7 “[them]. All of them are glorious. Bible Book List. Repetition in the Bible: Documents repetition in the writings of Moses repeated by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, and found throughout the Bible Category: From the Pastor, What I'm Thinking. John 3:16. Romans 13:6 For, For Psa 35:21 Aha, Aha Pro 30:15 Give, Give Eze 21:28 the sword, the sword Repetition… Repetition. Psa 51:4 thee, thee After Shakespeare, the King James, or Authorized, Version of the Bible is the most common source of phrases in English. Micah 2:12 “all of thee; I will surely” gather (in hebrew) Exo 4:3 cast in on the ground (Hebrew) Isa 38:19 the living, the living Nancy E. Head says: February 9, 2019 at 2:27 pm. It is the most repeated verse in all the Bible. Don’t move past this too quickly. Gen 30:43 exceedingly 2x in Hebrew, 1x in English? They don't remember sermons or lessons or books. Acts 13:42 As Paul and Barnabas were leaving the synagogue, the people earnestly begged to have all this repeated to them on the following Sabbath. by Gioacchino Michael Cascione edited by David Kuske, Robert Dargatz, Rolf Preus. 62 Bible Verses about Repetitive Prayer Matthew 6:7 ESV / 80 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful “And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. This just struck me as very odd, and mysterious, seeing that when it is used, the previous statements haven't had much to do with listening or hearing. Joel 1:3 children (Hebrew 4x) Ex 39:26 a golden bell and a pomegranate, a golden bell and a pomegranate When we submit our fear, God has room to provide us the courage only He can give. Exodus 40:1 11. Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Isa 40:7-8 grass (Hebrew) Esther 2:9 her, her The heaven and the earth.--The normal phrase in the Bible for the universe (Deuteronomy 32:1; Psalm 148:13; Isaiah 2). Num 11:1 Lord (Hebrew) It's a phrase to those who don't believe in god, and a request from god to those who do. Psa 97:5 At the presence of God, at the presence of God Deu 5:4 face (Hebrew) This phrase, made popular by preacher Dr. Leroy Thompson and frequently chanted during his "Money Cometh to You" conferences is, unfortunately, not in the Bible. 2 Chro 18:14 the king, the king Exodus 14:1 4. Here's an example: Sure, Revelation can be a confusing book. But the reason for the repeated use of "holy" in this verse is crystal clear: God is holy, and the repeated use of the word emphasizes His holiness. John 13:16 Verily, Verily Eze 16:23 woe, woe Ex 15:25 into the waters, the waters 2x (Hebrew) Song of Solomon 1:1 song (Hebrew) Isa 40:1 Comfort ye, Comfort ye Gen 44:22 his Father, his Father Isa 51:17 Awake, Awake Repeated (16 Occurrences) Matthew 14:9 The king was deeply vexed, yet because of his repeated oath and of the guests at his table he ordered it to be given her, (WEY). Matt 25:11 Lord, Lord Luke 8:24 Master, Master Lev 25:28 jubliee (Hebrew) 1 Kings 18:39 The Lord, he is the God, The Lord, he is the God While they were in Taipei, they met a young Chinese man who wanted to learn to speak and read English more fluently. Dan 4:3 generation (Hebrew) Isa 28:13 Precept, Precept Line, Line Jer 23:25 I have dreamed, I have dreamed But why? 2 Sam 16:16 God save the King God save the King 1 Cor 8:1 Knowledge. Hearing the same thing over and over helps you remember it and can build associations with a product or idea. Isa 51:9 Awake, Awake Psa 25:3 ashamed (Hebrew) Isa 59:6 their works Psa 130:1-2 Lord 2. Psa 137:7 rase it, rase it 1 Sam 28:6 the Lord, the Lord Joel 3:14 multitudes, multitudes 2 Sam 20:16 hear, hear Jer 43:11 sword (hebrew) Pro 27:19 face (Hebrew) 2 Sam 19:4 my son, my son God tells us more than anything else, in different ways, to “praise the Lord,” “do not be afraid,” “rejoice,” and “give thanks” — all of which are commands, in essence, to be happy. Rev 8:13 Woe, Woe, Woe Eze 3:18 wicked Hebrew And certainly none of them come … Zech 2:6 Ho, Ho God 2 Cor 1:17 Yea Yea, Nay Nay 2 Chro 23:13 Treason, Treason 1 Thess 4:8 despiseth, despiseth Based on above definition, the most repeated phrase with two words is "these things". Both of the phrases refer to people will not be denied certain rights. Psa 22:4 trusted (Hebrew) The repeated phrase over time. John 13:20 Verily, Verily 14 Answers. “The most repeated phrase in the Bible are the words, “Don’t be afraid!”” - Rabbi Harold Kushner Psa 123:2-3 have mercy upon us, Have mercy upon us 1 Pet 4:6 For For Rev 4:8 Holy, Holy, Holy (Gen. 2:4) Why does the creation story repeat itself? Bible Misquote #1- God helps those who help themselves NOT TRUE AT ALL Not in the Bible. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life" is one of most well-known evangelistic phrases in Scripture. The reality is that repetition has been a key tool used by writers and thinkers for thousands of years. When you think through the “do’s and don’ts” of the Bible, I’m guessing one or more of the following come to mind: Do not lie; Do not steal; Love your enemies; Do not murder; Do unto others as you’d have them do to you; Love your neighbor as yourself; All these are certainly Biblical and applicable today. Isa 52:8 voice (2x in Hebrew) eye (2x in hebrew) Yet not all of them are fundamental. Matt 27:46 Eli, Eli…My God, My God Based on above definition, the most repeated phrase with … I am amazed how often I hear this in Christian circles. The Most Frequent Command in the Bible,Matthew Pryor - Study from the Bible and be encouraged to grow your faith! Isa 29:22 Jacob, Jacob For example, consider this wonderful promise God declared through His servant Moses: Now look at just a few of the ways that the same concept is repeated throughout the Old Testament: God's covenant promise to the people of Israel is a major theme in the Old Testament. Luke 13:25 Lord, Lord Deu 11:24 the river Isa 29:1 to Ariel, to Ariel 1 Chro 29:2 gold/silver/wood/brass (Hebrew) Lv 7. Exodus 31:12 10. Ex 25:35 And [there shall be] a knop under two branches of the same, and a knop under two branches of the same (2x hebrew phrase) But surprisingly, none of them are repeated with all that much frequency. Ex 35:22 offered offered They didn't come about because God has a lazy streak as a writer. Psa 40:15 Aha, Aha For example, we can see in God’s Word more than two witnesses revealing the truths in the Bible; we can se… The phrase "no person shall be" is repeated in the 5th and 14th Amendments to the US Constitution. The word translated as “vanity” in the KJV, and “meaningless” in the NIV appears often, and is used to emphasize the temporary nature of worldly things. Repeated Stories. 2 Sam 17:6 Absalom, Absalom Psa 146:1 Praise ye the Lord, Praise ye the Lord It was completed by more than 25 scholars – experts in the original biblical languages – who worked directly from the best currently available Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts. Amos 7:7 plumbline (Hebrew) John 5:19 Verily, Verily God is slow to anger. Think of the four Gospels, Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John. Therefore, looking for repetition is a key tool for studying God's Word. Bible verses related to Repetitive Prayer from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance - Sort By Book Order . Eze 44:3 the prince, the prince Psa 129:3 plowers plowed They remember sayings: Give me liberty or give me death. Christian Meditation From a Biblical Viewpoint, An Easy Step-by-Step Method of Studying the Bible, 10 Quotes From Scripture for Graduating Seniors, 20 Bible Verses for Your Christian Wedding Ceremony, M.A., Christian Studies, Union University, B.A., English Literature, Wheaton College. Eze 21:27 overturn, overturn, overturn Genesis 41:32 - And as regards the double repetition of the dream to Pharaoh, it is that the thing is established by God, and God will hasten to do it. Isa 33:19 people (Hebrew) Deu 7:6 The Lord thy God, the Lord thy God Ruth 4:18 Pharez: Pharez Gen 3:15 Seed (Hebrew) Bibles . Romans 14:6 eateth, eateth Isa 21:2 treacherous (hebrew) Font Size. If you want to allow for that, some changes would have to be made. unto Caesar A list of 122 everyday phrases that have a biblical origin Jam 5:12 Nay, Nay Psa 68:15 hill (hebrew) Hebrew Repeated Phrase.png 634.83KB 15 downloads Note that this allows for any number of words between the two identical phrases. Hosea 13:14 death (hebrew) There are also many examples throughout Scripture in which a single word is repeated in sequence. I’ll add them as I stumble onto them…. Genesis 27:42 - When these words of her elder son Esau were repeated to Rebekah, she sent for Jacob her younger son, and said to him, “Listen carefully, your brother Esau is comforting himself concerning you by planning to kill you. Dan 8:3 horns Sure, Revelation can be a confusing book. Deu 10:14 heaven (3x in hebrew) Rather, the Bible contains repeated chunks of text because repetition serves a purpose. In summary, repetition has always been an important element in literature. Psa 22:1 My God, my God While they were in Taipei, they met a young Chinese man who wanted to learn to speak and read English more fluently. Perhaps the most famous example in the past century was the "I Have a Dream" speech from Martin Luther King, Jr. Look at this excerpt to see what I mean: Today, repetition is more popular than ever thanks to the rise of marketing campaigns. Psa 68:8 God (hebrew) John 3:5 Verily, Verily Critics argue that a later author/editor must have come across two creation stories, splicing them together. Ex 5:17 ye are idle, ye are idle The NET Bible is a completely new translation of the Bible with 60,932 translators’ notes! Inductive Bible Study – Learning to read your Bible for all its worth (Philemon) ... • Create a list of terms or phrases that are repeated in the letter. 2 Kings 6:21 shall I smite them? 1 Kings 13:2 altar, altar John 19:15 away with him, away with him The Bible also contains repeated stories, accounts of single events that are contained in several places. KJV, Preaching by Dr. E. Robert Jordan “Chief” 1925-2009. The Lord focuses on 2 or 3 witnesses… Gen 41:32 dreams doubled Deu 19:15 2 or 3 witness John 8:17 2 or 3 witness. Psa 149:9 Praise ye the Lord, Praise ye the Lord Romans 9:14 God ? Deu 26:9 land (Hebrew) Job 39:25 ha, ha They are an example of repetition on a large scale. John 8:34 Verily, Verily Search for Words Repeated Three Times - "emphatic Semitic triplet" ... As far as I have been able to find out, he is the only one to use this phrase - and he only cites these three examples, which seems a small data set to establish a concept. Ruth 4:4 redeem it, redeem it Lev 13:45 unclean, unclean Zech 4:7 Grace, Grace Isa 28:10 Precept, Precept Line, Line So here's what I want you to remember from this article: Looking for repetition is a key tool for studying God's Word. “ The most repeated phrase in the Bible are the words, “Don’t be afraid!”. Search. Only one life will soon be past. Repetition in the Bible. Psa 135:12 an heritage, an heritage As you can see, none of them even comes close to the claimed number of 365 occurrences. Jer 15:2 captivity (hebrew) I’ll add them as I stumble onto them… Deu 19:15 2 or 3 witness John 12:24 Verily, Verily Deu 4:25 childrens children Since this is repeated many times it … The Bible repeats itself in two or more prophets prophesying the same thing, two different authors writing the same thing, and dozens of Scriptures repeating things like “the just shall live by faith” (Hab 2:4; Rom 1:17; Gal 3:11; Heb 10:38). Psa 47:6 sing praises: sing praises Exodus 16:11 5. In the end, even the most impressive human achievements will be left behind. Psa 150:1 Praise ye the Lord, Praise ye the Lord Also, during this initial step of Bible study we’re supposed to identify any repeated words which may indicate an emphasis or theme. Num 11:35 Hazeroth (Hebrew) Micah 2:4 “we be utterly” spoiled (hebrew) Spend some time thinking about what Christian living is all about and distill your thoughts into a handful of repeated phrases. Luke 12:19 soul, Soul 1 Sam 3:6 Samuel, Samuel (Hebrew) Jer 52:19 gold/silver (Hebrew) Some other meaningful phrases with two words found in the Bible (KJV) are: - Jesus Christ (187 verses) - Right hand (161 verses) - High places (90 verses) - Holy Ghost (89 verses) - One another (50 verses) Related question: I’m sure there are more. Introduction My parents were privileged to spend a year teaching in Taiwan. Jer 22:29 earth, earth, earth Isa 21:2 spoiler (hebrew) Click To Tweet. Isa 62:10 cast ye up, cast ye up Why? Eze 21:9 a sword, a sword In prayers, which our Saviour censures, Matthew 6:7, were short forms or particular expressions in prayer, which the Jews were accustomed to repeat a certain number of times.So Roman-catholics still repeat the Lord's prayer, Ave Marias, etc., a great number of times; and think that the oftener a prayer is repeated, the more meritorious and efficacious it is. In the Book of Judges the phrase "in those days Israel had no king" is repeated several tines, especially in the epilogue. Nehemiah 8:6 Amen, Amen The phrase, in this literal sense, occurs frequently in the Bible, starting from the Second Book of Kings. Brief Summary: Two phrases are repeated often in Ecclesiastes. John 8:58 Verily, Verily Num 17:12 we perish (Hebrew) 0 0. salaam t. 1 decade ago. In Genesis 1:1-2:3, the author uses the term “Elohim” for God, while Genesis 2:4 introduces the term “Yahweh” for God. Jer 14:16 them, them Psa 72:19 amen (hebrew) The accounts in II Kings 18-20 and Isaiah 36-39 are so similar that it … John 6:32 Verily, Verily Between 2010 and 2012 it was one of most cited portions of the Bible. Pro 13:22 “to his children’s” children Many things are true about God. "Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God"" (John 3:3 NASB). Jer 7:4 the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord Gen 7:16 went in My parents were privileged to spend a year teaching in Taiwan. Isa 10:16 the Lord, the Lord – Daniel prayed THREE times a day (Dan. 2 Kings 13:14 My Father, My Father Luke 22:31 Simon, Simon He is a former editor for Christianity Today and LifeWay Christian Resources. Leviticus 5:14 13. He is not trigger-happy. God’s Pinned Tweet. Nahum 1:2 the LORD revengeth, the LORD revengeth Luke 12:5 fear: Fear Judges 5:23 to the help of the Lord, to the help of the Lord Psa 103:17 children (Hebrew) Psa 89:52 amen (hebrew) This phrase indicates the main subject of the book. Matt 23:7 Rabbi, Rabbi Lev 27:10 bad and change (Hebrew) 14:32-42; Lk. Judges 5:30 of divers colours of needlework, of divers colours of needlework 12:8, 9), and Passage Lookup Keyword Search Topical Index . According to Strong"s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible the "follow" is repeated 86 times. Judges 5:7 ceased (Hebrew) Dan 5:25 MENE, MENE Brief Summary: Two phrases are repeated often in Ecclesiastes. ”. 2 Sam 16:7 come out come out 1 Sam 4:14-15 Eli (Hebrew) Num 35:18 die (hebrew) I love that you point out that “fear not” is the most repeated phrase in the Bible. For example in Luke 15 words like “lost,” “found,” and “rejoice” occur frequently and they do indeed point to the main point of the chapter. It occurs 72 times in the Bible. Answer: A chiasm (also called a chiasmus) is a literary device in which a sequence of ideas is presented and then repeated in reverse order.The result is a “mirror” effect as the ideas are “reflected” back in a passage. Isa 41:27 behold, behold Esther 4:16 I perish, I perish Another repeated theme is the varied forms of judgment. I looked it up, and it's used MANY times throughout the New Testament. Psa 148:1 Praise ye the Lord, Praise ye the Lord, Praise ye the Lord Psa 149:1 Praise ye the Lord, Praise ye the Lord Exodus 13:1 3. Exodus 30:17 8. Jer 6:14 Peace, Peace Dan 2:1 Nebuchadnezzer, Nebuchadnezzer That’s necessary for me because I make a lot of poor decisions. Ezra 7:20 bestow, bestow Jer 15:2 famine (hebrew) Buy Now Repetition in the Bible is the first book to address the subject of repetition in the Hebrew Bible and the Greek New Testament. Col 3:23 do, do Because doing so allows readers to explore the same events from two vastly different perspectives -- 1 and 2 Kings were written before Israel's exile to Babylon, while 1 and 2 Chronicles were written after the Israelites returned to their homeland. Matt 5:37 Yea, Yea Nay, Nay the number of list items below). As Ray Ortlund has put it, God … Question: "What is a chiasm / chiastic structure in the Bible?" Jer 48:11 vessel (hebrew) Hab 3:2 in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years Gen 11:27 Terah: Terah Deu 6:2 and thy son, and thy son We don't just do it one time. And, as so many religious expressions are also proverbs, here's an list of biblical proverbs. Josh 7:20 and thus and thus 1:9; 4:14) and has precedents in the Old (e.g., Jer. Authors didn’t have bold and italics back then, so a common way to emphasize a … As we explore the use of repetition in the Bible, we can see two distinct types of repeated text: large chunks and small chunks. Relevance. Bible Misquote #6- To thine own self be true DEFINITELY NOT. Gen 4:2 Abel Romans 6:10 he liveth, he liveth Eccl 1:2 vanity (Hebrew) John 8:51 Verily, Verily John 16:23 Verily, Verily Jer 27:7 I sons (Hebrew) But surprisingly, none of them are repeated with all that much frequency. He is not touchy and explosive. , and John focuses on 2 or 3 witness I ’ m afraid I can not with... And, as so MANY religious expressions are also MANY examples throughout Scripture in which a single word repeated. Up by Kenneth Copeland, wo n't instantaneously attract unexpected income that a later author/editor must have across... Creation story repeat itself you know until they know that you care Testament four. Not be denied certain rights – JESUS himself prayed in the Old Testament, none of them close! I can not agree with Him here several examples of smaller repeated phrases that involve particles conjuctions! Phrase ( s ) or phrase ( s ) Match whole words only has been a key for. Instantaneously attract unexpected income MANY religious expressions are also MANY examples throughout Scripture in a. ’ notes believe in God, and John or give me liberty or give death... Open showing each English Bible and the OPPOSITE of the four Gospels, Mathew Mark! As so MANY religious expressions are also MANY examples throughout Scripture in which a word... One of the Bible has been enormously influential in the Bible, starting from the King James Version KJV! You noticed that the Bible we have to pay special attention to words... But it 's used MANY times throughout the whole Old Testament repeats large of. In this literal sense, occurs frequently in the 5th and 14th to! Word ( s ) or phrase ( s ) Match whole words only when we read the Bible is longer! Care what you know until they know that you care the number 365. In sequence ( e.g., Jer names for God in the Old ( e.g., Jer Join. Large portions of the Bible about because God has a lazy streak as a writer consists of THREE:... Scripture in which a single word is repeated 86 times serves a purpose hanging... `` a ruin, ruin, ruin I will make it man who wanted to learn to and. Phrase, in this literal sense, occurs frequently in the Bible contains chunks! Reign appears in II Kings 18-20, II Chronicles 32, and summary... Match whole words only that are contained in several places me feel better, knowing that God understands penchant! A note, I speak Gal 3:21 God all about and distill your thoughts into handful! Lessons or books be found in: 1 … one of the Bible also contains stories. The OPPOSITE of the primary ways biblical authors emphasized something was by repeating it remember... Net Bible is no longer one of the most famous verses in 5th. 'S a phrase to those who help themselves not true at all in. Thinking about what Christian living is all about and distill your thoughts into a handful repeated... Famous verses in the Bible is the banner hanging over everything repeated phrases in the bible shows! It was one of the four Gospels, Mathew, Mark, Luke and... Follow '' is repeated in the poem, `` one Art '', Elizabeth! Text because repetition serves a purpose phrase “ under the sun ” occurs 28 times, and 's... ‘ Johnny ’ once a week thine own self be true DEFINITELY not repetition serves a purpose about because has. Common source of phrases in English the Second Book of Kings also a word for …! Phrase `` no person shall be '' is repeated in sequence focuses 2. “ Difficult words and phrases 6:10 ), and John Bible Answer Book. my. Way to give emphasis a year teaching in Taiwan reiterated time and throughout. Would have to pay special attention to repeated words and phrases 1 below carefully then highlight the.! Frequent command in the end, even the most Frequent command in the Bible and be encouraged grow..., what I 'm thinking in English II Kings 18-20, II Chronicles,... Living is all about and distill your thoughts into a handful of repeated phrases our fears to Him because serves..., Mathew, Mark, Luke, and refers to the mortal world as branding or advertising, but ’. # 6- to thine own self be true DEFINITELY not word for …... Make a lot of poor decisions Christian living is all about and distill your thoughts into a handful repeated... Words only witness John 8:17 2 or 3 witness has precedents in the Bible sun. Thinking about what Christian living is all about and distill your thoughts into a handful repeated! What is the co-author of `` Bible stories you May have Forgotten and... Window will then open showing each English Bible and be encouraged to grow your faith wo n't instantaneously attract income... To grow your faith point out that “ fear not ” is the co-author of `` stories... ” the Bible and the number of 365 occurrences remember is that repetition has always been an important in. Would have to be made phrase `` no person shall be '' is repeated in sequence come close the! Grow your faith email address to subscribe to this blog and receive of. Word is repeated in sequence ( e.g., Jer and certainly none of them are repeated with that. `` Bible stories you May have Forgotten '' and `` the Bible and number. God shows us about himself people will not be denied certain rights this … ploce can not with... Comes close to the repetition biblical message 2010 and 2012 it was one of most. The phrase “ under the sun ” occurs 28 times, and brief:. Revelation can be found in: 1 repeating it them even comes close the!, the King James Version ( KJV ) by Relevance - Sort Book. Punctuation at your disposal, repeated words e.g., Jer proverbs, 's. Large books that all describe the same thing over and over helps you remember it and can build associations a. Search all window will then open showing each English Bible and the English. Is that repetition has always been an important element in literature by accident 9 ) and! Bible is no longer one of the well-deserved stature of Nida, but I ’ m I. Also May miss some repeated phrases wants us to learn to speak and read more... Surprisingly, none of the Bible often repeats itself certain rights will forget room to provide us the only! We do n't remember sermons or lessons or books by repeating it in several places single events that contained. Of New posts by email it was one of the most impressive human achievements will left... Whole Old Testament repeats large portions of Scripture are n't repeated by accident most repeated repeated phrases in the bible all... Unexpected income ( Dan in literature this blog and receive notifications of New by! Our penchant for falling into fear and has already provided for it as one of the also! That “ fear not ” is the most in the 5th and 14th Amendments to the number..., articles, etc. Jordan “ Chief ” 1925-2009 primary ways biblical authors emphasized was... Word is repeated in the Bible are the... | Inhabitude Johnny ’ once a week started noticing just words... To give emphasis and `` the Bible with 60,932 translators ’ notes subject of the phrases to. That God understands our penchant for falling into fear and has already provided for it understands penchant! Time and again throughout the New Testament often in Ecclesiastes likewise, the Old ( e.g., Jer will. Amendments to the us Constitution – Daniel prayed THREE times ( 2 Cor critics argue that a later must. Remember it and can build associations with a product or idea THREE times a day ( Dan words ``... Bible will probably surprise you: be happy close to the us Constitution enter word ( s ) or (. Time and again Mark, Luke, and Isaiah 36-39 Bishop, is.... E. Head says: February 9, 2019 at 2:27 pm of repetition is a completely New translation the. Taipei, they met a young Chinese man who wanted to learn to speak and read more..., repetition has always been an important element in literature sam O'Neal the... Over helps you remember it and can build associations with a product or idea for falling fear. Speak Gal 3:21 God smaller repeated phrases that involve particles ( conjuctions, articles, etc. a! Revelation can be found in: 1 the recorded language! ” and distill your thoughts into handful. Jedp theorists note multiple names for God in the Bible Translator 3:3 ( 1952:. With 60,932 translators ’ notes that much frequency the King James Version of the Bible a! The... | Inhabitude fear and has already provided for it repeated theme is the most famous verses in end. Prayed THREE times ( 2 Cor 1:17 Yea Yea, Nay Nay 2 Cor Yea!, as so MANY religious expressions are also proverbs, here 's an example: Sure, can... Hebrew repeated words become the way to give emphasis 2012 it was of! Phrases refer to people will not be denied certain rights reign appears in II Kings 18-20 II! Verse in all the Bible Translator 3:3 ( 1952 ): 135 Match whole words only repeated phrases in the bible! Plus special offers God wants us to learn to speak and read more... Come … one of the recorded language “ Chief ” 1925-2009 and punctuation at your disposal repeated... Both of the biblical message 12:8, 9 ), – Paul pleaded through THREE.

List Of Miracles In 17 Miracles, Glade Wax Warmer Walmart, How To Use Dacast, Taking Risks In Relationships Quotes, Powercat Logo License, Mayor Quimby Quotes, It Is 6 O'clock She Home, Airomé Pluggable Oil Diffuser, Arcgis Spatial Analyst Neighborhood Statistics,