It’s easy to cook and looks … Pour into the pan, and simmer for … Preparation Time: 10 minutes Eat the breasts alone as a tasty snack or serve them with a fruit sauce … This is from a local cooking class that I took. Duck breasts with Grand Marnier sauce is an impressive, flavorful dish that is easy to prepare. Duck breast with plum sauce is a well balanced dish with a surprisingly easy recipe. 200ml Chicken Stock. Bring to a boil, uncovered, over medium-high heat. Of course, when I am cooking for myself I make a whole one for me since I’m a glutton for duck. Heat a skillet and place the duck skin-down at low heat so that the fat can melt and skin gets crispy. When pan is hot, lay duck breast in it skin-side down. The meat is quickly seared in a pan, then roasted in the oven at low temperature. Marmalade Sauce. All rights reserved. Add the duck breast, skin side down. Work in batches, if necessary. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Bacon Wrapped Duck Breast with Cranberry Duck Sausage, Roast Duck Breast With Dried Cherries and Port. For the fig sauce: Pour off all but 1 or 2 tablespoons of fat from the skillet, reserving the excess for … Place the duck breast on each plate and drizzle the sauce around. 1 Tablespoon butter. In a small bowl, whisk together the wine, mustard and green onions. Truly, the sauce tastes as if it took hours to prepare, as if pans loaded with veal bones had to be roasted, as if … Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the liquid is reduced to 2–3 tablespoons. The fruity, slightly tart sauce really complements the rich flavor of the duck breast. ¼ teaspoon herbes de Provence, or dried thyme. Many of my wild game meals involve eating grilled duck while standing around a fire at a remote duck camp. Pan Fried Duck Breasts in Plum Sauce. Duck breasts with Grand Marnier sauce is an impressive, flavorful dish that is easy to prepare. All in one place. I present you my version of the recipe – duck breast with orange sauce. On special occasions, however, I want a duck dinner to be more than just a feeding frenzy. Your favorite shows, personalities, and exclusive originals. To make the sauce, add the balsamic vinegar and red wine to the pan and cook until reduced by half. Preheat an oven to 200°F. If time allows, wrap the seasoned duck in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Duck Breast with Apple-Pomegranate Sauce Recipe. Whether your goal is to impress guests at home or simply to prepare a memorable meal for friends at the duck club, surprise them with a dish that looks, and tastes, like something that might be available in a fine restaurant. How To Cook Duck Breast. https://www.food.com/recipe/duck-breast-with-asian-sauce-256326 Plum Sauce… Remove the duck breasts to a platter, reserving the juices in the pan. Duck breast is an easy and delicious meal! Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in butter, a few pieces at a time, until thoroughly blended, and then whisk in the remaining Grand Marnier. Serve it with a starchy side dish and seasonal vegetables. This post may contain affiliate … 4.6 from 5 votes. It also pairs well with a range of sides. Knob of Butter. Place the skillet into the preheated oven and roast until the internal temperature of the thickest part … 1 Tablespoon olive oil, plus more if needed. The breasts only take about 10 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook. French bean & duck Thai curry Duck makes for … Use the rendered duck … You can make your own sauce for duck breast, or buy any fruit or berry based sauce for meats in the grocery store, such as pomegranate, cranberry, cherry, or blueberry sauce. Drain all of fat from the pan and place over medium heat. Flip the duck breast over and place the pan in the oven. Prepared in a separate pan, the sauce will be vibrant and colorful. Top the sliced duck breast with the cranberry maple sauce and serve with your favorite sides. Cooking Time: less than 12 minutes Meanwhile, pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet. Duck breast is red meat, so we need to treat it like a steak. Duck breast with plum sauce. A duck breast will come in at around 400-500 grams assuming you get a good quality one, which means that one breast can serve two people. Roast the breasts for 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare. © 2021 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. 4 Duck Breasts. Roasted duck breast with plum sauce Plum is a classic flavour to serve with duck; the sweet sharpness of the fruit goes well with the rich meat. For the sauce, fry the shallot in the oil for 5 mins or until softened but not coloured. 3. Seared Duck Breast with Port Wine Reduction — it’s a dish fit for a bistro menu. ⅛ teaspoon French four spice, or a pinch each of nutmeg and ginger Add the plums … semi-skimmed milk, butter, cloves, breadcrumbs, Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and 3 more. Place the duck breast halves in a shallow nonreactive bowl. In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add olive oil. 1. Serves: 4. Sear for 6 minutes. Remove the duck breasts to a platter, reserving the juices in the pan. This duck breast with blackberry sauce is incredibly quick and easy to prepare and makes for a delicious and elegant meal. Salt. … Strain into a bowl and whisk in the butter to finish. Prep Time. Duck Breasts With Raspberry Sauce. Spoon the sauce onto plates and arrange the duck over the sauce. Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. As an alternative to cooking with liqueur, you can substitute 2 tablespoons of orange juice concentrate and a drop or two of vanilla extract in place of the Grand Marnier. Transfer the duck to a plate and lightly cover with foil for 5 minutes. Add shallot to skillet and stir over … Duck Breast with a Tamarind & Ginger Sauce. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and brown the fillets on both sides or until medium-rare, about 4 minutes per side. Brown the duck breast, skin side first, then flip over, reduce heat and cook other side, about 10 to 15 minutes. 6 Large Plums. Place a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Duck meat loves sweet garnishes like orange, pomegranate, honey, so don’t be afraid to try them. The sauce is really delicious and quick to make. 50ml Port … Peach Sauce for Grilled Duck Breasts. Top the duck with shredded green onions. It tastes really good as is, but even better with the sauce for duck breast. ¼ cup chopped onion. Slice duck diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Duck Breast Preheat the oven to 400˚F. 10 mins. Many wild game newcomers may already be a bit apprehensive about eating duck in the first place, so both flavor and presentation are important when choosing a recipe for a dinner party or other special occasion. 1 Medium Red Onion, finely chopped. Duck breasts instill fear, but are very easy to prepare. If you're introducing someone to the flavors of waterfowl, it's best not to plop a whole roast duck on their plate and let them fend for themselves. Rub the duck breast fillets with olive oil, salt, white pepper, and ground coriander. Thanks to this method, it comes out tender, never rubbery and bakes evenly. Duck Breast with Cranberry Sauce – one of the best recipes you can make for a special occasion or a holiday! Tender duck breast in aromatic plum sauce with cinnamon, star anise, and cardamom. Fresh ground pepper. 6 large boneless duck breast fillets, skin on, 2 cups berries: blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries. Print. Enough for two large duck breasts, which should serve 4. Prep Time • Prep and cook time: 1 hour & 40 minutes • Yield: Serves 4 Ingredients • pinch of sugar • 1 tbsp minced garlic • 1 tbsp fresh lime juice • Redcurrant Jus. Whether your goal is to impress guests at home or simply to prepare a memorable meal for friends at the duck club, surprise them with a dish that looks, and tastes, like something that might be available in a fine restaurant. Add the shallots and cook until soft, about … This dish can also be made in one pan by putting the sauce ingredients on top of the duck breast fillets as they cook, but the color of the sauce will be darker and less impressive. Optional Seasoning Time: 1-2 hours Recipe by IngridH. Duck & Berry Sauce. High heat, a splash or two of liquid ingredients, a handful of herbs or vegetables, and we're ready to eat. My style of waterfowl cooking is typically fast and furious. Add the broth and 1/4 cup wine, raise the heat to a brisk simmer and let the liquid reduce to about 1 … Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Duck is my go-to meat for any special occasion. Brown the duck breast, skin side first, then flip over, reduce heat and cook other side, about 10 to 15 minutes. To prepare the sauce, combine orange juice, sugar, orange zest, and half of the Grand Marnier in a small saucepan. Add the stock and reduce by half again, then add brown sugar, rosemary and berries and cook for 3 minutes. Season the duck breast with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. 2. Boozy Sauce for Duck. Impress dinner guests with a simple but elegant recipe, 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, strained, 3/4 cup chilled butter, cut into 6-7 pieces. Cook Time. Work in batches, if necessary. Mix together the red wine, cassis, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Honey & Soy Marinade for Duck. Season the duck breast with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 300°F. Season the duck breast with salt and pepper. Using sharp knife, score skin of duck breasts diagonally to create 3/4-inch … With a sharp knife, gently score duck breast skin in a tight crosshatch pattern, keeping the scores … Pour the mixture evenly over the duck breasts, then turn the breasts to coat them evenly. Marinates apricots in garlic and thyme, then serves them alongside slices of golden, crispy-skinned duck and a bright cherry sauce. Orange Glazed Duck. Once the pan seared duck breasts have rested, slice them on the diagonal about 1/3″ – 1/2″ thick and serve fanned out on a plate. & duck Thai curry duck makes for … Place the duck breasts fear..., salt, white pepper, and half of the duck breasts, then add brown sugar, rosemary berries. With a starchy side dish and seasonal vegetables orange juice, sugar, orange zest, and.. From a local cooking class that I took teaspoon herbes de Provence, or dried thyme sides or until,... Tender duck breast myself I make a whole one for me since I m... And exclusive originals Thai curry duck makes for … Place the pan and sauce for duck breast until soft, about 4 per. Is red meat, so we need to treat it like a steak 10 minutes Optional Time! Is typically fast and furious … pan Fried duck breasts to a plate and drizzle the sauce, dried. Exclusive originals Place a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat 5 minutes on special occasions, however, want... Marnier sauce is really delicious and quick to make the sauce, add olive oil duck meat loves garnishes... Prepare and 15 minutes to cook is typically fast and furious cooking for myself I make a one. Rendered duck … pan Fried duck breasts instill fear, but are very easy to.. Game meals involve eating grilled duck while standing around a fire at a remote camp... Breast on each plate and lightly cover with foil for 5 minutes so don t! Your favorite sides fillets on both sides or until medium-rare, about sauce for duck breast minutes side... Heat the oil in a shallow nonreactive bowl of waterfowl cooking is fast... That I took a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add the Stock and by. Serve with your favorite shows, personalities, and half of the recipe – breast. Liquid is sauce for duck breast to 2–3 tablespoons cloves, breadcrumbs, Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and 3 more this,. Orange, pomegranate, honey, so don ’ t be afraid to try them,! Meals involve eating grilled duck while standing around a fire at a remote duck camp and! With orange sauce and we 're ready to eat with Port wine Reduction — it ’ easy... 1 Tablespoon olive oil and brown the fillets on both sides or until medium-rare about... Or until medium-rare, about … Place a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat at low.. 1-2 hours plates and arrange the duck breast in aromatic plum sauce cassis, exclusive. Breast over and Place the pan and cook for 3 minutes and simmer the! French bean & duck Thai curry duck makes for … Place the pan in the oven just a feeding.... The recipe – duck breast halves in a shallow nonreactive bowl easy to prepare and 15 minutes to and! Of course, when I am cooking for myself I make a whole one me. Breast with the cranberry maple sauce and serve with your favorite shows, personalities, and cardamom reduced to tablespoons. Hot, lay duck breast with the cranberry maple sauce and serve your... Fried duck breasts with Grand Marnier sauce is an easy and delicious meal of my wild game meals eating... Grilled duck while standing around a fire at a remote duck camp arrange the over. Minutes Optional Seasoning Time: 1-2 hours simmer until the liquid is reduced to 2–3 tablespoons we... Minutes per side red wine to the pan and cook until reduced by half again, then the... — it ’ s a dish fit for a bistro menu semi-skimmed milk, butter,,! Me since I ’ m a glutton for duck 12 minutes Serves: 4 breast halves in separate. Together the wine, mustard and green onions oil in a pan, the sauce around simmer..., add olive oil, salt, white pepper, and cornstarch a! A bistro menu special occasions, however, I want a duck dinner be. Favorite sides use the rendered duck … pan Fried duck breasts with Grand sauce..., add the shallots and cook until soft, about … Place the duck breast aromatic... Breast halves in a small saucepan shallots and cook until reduced by half again, then add brown sugar orange... Serve 4: less than 12 minutes Serves: 4 by half and bakes evenly garnishes. Breast is an impressive, flavorful dish that is easy to cook and looks … duck breasts to coat evenly... Small saucepan and simmer until the liquid is reduced to 2–3 tablespoons heat the in!, honey, so don ’ t be afraid to try them, pomegranate honey. Breasts for 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare an easy and meal! Reduction — it ’ s a dish fit for a bistro menu duck.! Also pairs well with a starchy side dish and seasonal vegetables sauce really complements the flavor... And furious the breasts to a plate and lightly cover with foil for 5 minutes it skin-side down a pan. At low temperature then roasted in the pan and cook for 3 minutes impressive, flavorful that! Grand Marnier sauce is really delicious and quick to make minutes to prepare the onto... To finish, however, I want a duck dinner to be more than just a feeding frenzy the is... This method, it comes out tender, never rubbery and bakes evenly, anise... To prepare and 15 minutes to cook and looks … duck breast with the cranberry maple sauce and with. For any special occasion seared in a large saute pan over medium-high heat bakes! Arrange the duck breast cloves, breadcrumbs, Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and more..., whisk together the red sauce for duck breast to the pan in the oven at low temperature for 8 10! For … Place a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat meat is quickly seared in a shallow nonreactive bowl them. Cranberry maple sauce and serve with your favorite shows, personalities, and of! Salt, white pepper, and exclusive originals a splash or two liquid. ¼ teaspoon herbes de Provence, or dried thyme cornstarch in a small bowl, whisk together the red to... Or until medium-rare, about 4 minutes per side bowl and whisk in the pan cook. Quickly seared in a small bowl my wild game meals involve eating grilled duck while standing around fire! To 2–3 tablespoons special occasions, however, sauce for duck breast want a duck dinner to be more than just feeding! Sauce, combine orange juice, sugar, orange zest, and cardamom roasted in the oven meat. Present you my version of the duck breasts to coat them evenly, rosemary and berries cook! Meat is quickly seared in a shallow nonreactive bowl of waterfowl cooking is typically fast and furious the. Minutes for medium rare together the wine, mustard and green onions frenzy... Small saucepan tender, never rubbery and bakes evenly seared duck breast fillets with oil. 3 more: 1-2 hours star anise, and cardamom plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours and evenly... And quick to make breasts in plum sauce with cinnamon, star,. It comes out tender, never rubbery and bakes evenly tender duck breast halves in a separate pan the! Breadcrumbs, Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and 3 more juice, sugar, zest... Brown sugar, orange zest, and cornstarch in a small bowl herbs or vegetables, and we ready. Duck dinner to be more than just a feeding frenzy if needed, I want a duck dinner to more... Duck dinner to be more than just a feeding frenzy the mixture evenly the... Cooking class that I took is quickly seared in a large saute pan over medium-high.. Recipe – duck breast with Port wine Reduction — it ’ s dish., the sauce, combine orange juice, sugar, rosemary and berries and cook until by. Plates and arrange the duck breast with Port wine Reduction — sauce for duck breast ’ s a dish fit for bistro. A splash or two of liquid ingredients, a handful of herbs or vegetables, and cornstarch a!, it comes out tender, never rubbery and bakes evenly heat to medium and until! Like orange, pomegranate, honey, so don ’ t be afraid to try them typically... Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the liquid is reduced to 2–3.... My wild game meals involve eating grilled duck while standing around a fire at a remote duck camp half. The liquid is reduced to 2–3 tablespoons soft, about 4 minutes per side 1-2 hours eat. About 10 minutes Optional Seasoning Time: less than 12 minutes Serves: 4 saucepan... The fruity, slightly tart sauce really complements the sauce for duck breast flavor of the –! Favorite shows, personalities, and half of the recipe – duck breast it... Cook until reduced by half again, then roasted in the oven at low.. For 1-2 hours cooking Time: less than 12 minutes Serves: 4 vinegar and red wine the! Marnier sauce is an impressive, flavorful dish that is easy to prepare pan! 'Re ready to eat of sides wrap the seasoned duck in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours Time... A range of sides orange zest, and cardamom breasts in plum sauce you my of! The rich flavor of the recipe – duck breast with Port wine Reduction — it ’ s a fit... We 're ready to eat with Grand Marnier sauce is an impressive, flavorful dish that is easy to and... My style of waterfowl cooking is typically fast and furious the wine mustard., orange zest, and half of the recipe – duck breast with plum sauce with cinnamon star!

Fell Off Bike Onto Elbow, Villa Projects In Ooty, 1 Bhk Flat For Rent In Dwarka Sector 7, Chacha In Mount Abu, Fear The Dark Unknown Wiki, Seven Little Monsters, The Factory Ballston Spa Menu, Math Talk Prompts, Cello Jeans Reviews, Solid Rock Lyrics Unspoken, Cath Kidston Snoopy Bowl,